Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I want to revover my files?

i had my Seagate 500 Gb 7200rpm SATA placed on my enclosure, inside my bag with some clothes. My bag was thrown approxiatemately 8 meters high up and fall 2 meters away from me. When i use the hard drive as an internal primary hard disk on the computer, it started fine. But when i try to copy a file from one partition, the computer freeze and says cyclic redundancy error. The next time i open the computer, it starts very slow after the boot screen and that partition which i tried to copy a file is unaccessible. It says drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it?-something like that. So i formatted it with quick format only. After which, the computer go backs to normal except that i loss my files.. I used a recovery tool Recuva. I am freeze at 56% but the scan recoverable files are enough for me. My problem is when i try to recover files, i am stuck and the recovery tool says cyclic redundancy error. Some files are recoverable, some are not even though they are all marked "excellent" recoverable. I really need my pertinent files. thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment